Advances in Coastal Structure Design
Edited by Ram K. Mohan; Orville Magoon; Mark Pirrello
2003 / 220 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$61.00 List / $45.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40689 / ISBN: 9780784406892
Sponsored by the Ocean Engineering Committee, Rubble Mound and Breakwater Committee, and Coastal Practice Committee of the Coasts, Oceans, Ports, and Rivers Institute of ASCE.
This report is a compendium of 10 papers addressing the state-of-the-art advances in coastal structure design by internationally renowned authors. The papers focus on the tools and techniques used to analyze coastal processes and design engineering solutions to them.
- coastal structure debate: public and policy aspects;
- international perspectives on coastal structure uses;
- geotechnical consideration for coastal structure design;
- numerical modeling as a design tool for coastal structures;
- physical modeling considerations for coastal structures;
- selection of a design wave height for coastal engineering;
- historical overview of rubble mound structure design and construction;
- advances in breakwater and revetment design;
- design aspects of groins and jetties;
- application of coastal engineering in coastal zone management.