Agricultural Salinity Assessment and Management
Edited by Kenneth K. Tanji
Manuals of Practice (MOP) 71
1990 / 632 pp.
Hard Cover - Out of Print
$116.00 List / $87.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 762 / ISBN: 9780872627628
Prepared by the Water Quality Technical Committee of the Irrigation and Drainage Division of ASCE.
Agricultural Salinity Assessment and Management integrates contemporary concepts and management practices for agricultural water and salinity problems. This Manual covers not only the technical and scientific aspects of the topic but also the environmental, economic, and legal aspects. Some of the subjects discussed are:
- the effects of salts on soil and plants;
- the methods of sampling, monitoring, and measuring salinity;
- the use of saline drainage water in irrigation;
- the methods of managing salinity; and
- the use of models in salinity assessment.
Engineers, scientists, practitioners, and educators will find this Manual to be a valuable resource on the mitigation of salinity problems in irrigated agriculture.