Applications of Advanced Technologies in Transportation (1998)
Edited by Chris T. Hendrickson; Stephen G. Ritchie
1998 / 440 pp.
Soft Cover - Out of Print
$65.00 List / $48.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40333 / ISBN: 9780784403334
Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Applications of Advanced Technologies in Transportation Engineering, held in Newport Beach, California, April 26-29, 1998.
This collection contains 46 papers that give a rewarding insight into recent developments and the continuing applications of advanced technologies. Transportation engineering is a field that is changing profoundly as new information technologies and advanced materials are introduced to vehicles, infrastructure, and management processes.
- decision support systems for real-time traffic control systems;
- new technologies for detecting and reacting to roadway accidents or other incidents;
- automation of vehicles;
- new technologies for sensing traffic system performance and identifying vehicles;
- new techniques for traffic prediction that can support real time control and pricing strategies; and
- applications of geographic information systems.