Earth and Space 2008
Engineering, Science, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments
Edited by Wieslaw K. Binienda
2008 / 1957 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$165.00 List / $123.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40988 / ISBN: 9780784409886
Proceedings of the 11th Biennial International Conference on Engineering, Science, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments, held in Long Beach, California, March 3-5, 2008. Sponsored by the Aerospace Division of ASCE.
This collection contains 211 papers on issued related to challenging environments.
- dynamics and controls;
- field and remote sensing and robotics;
- space engineering and construction;
- advanced space systems;
- lunar and Martian exploration and development;
- granular materials, including lunar and Martian soils/regolith;
- in situ resource utilization and development;
- international space station;
- human exploration and development of space;
- research in space environments;
- space exploration and transportation;
- fluid distribution and flow in porous media;
- life-support systems;
- space architecture and operations;
- space power;
- space science;
- space commercialization;
- engineering and science in Earth-based extreme regions; and
- measurement in challenging environments.