Geotechnical Risk Assessment and Management
Edited by C. Hsein Juang, Kok Kwang Phoon, Anand J. Puppala, Russell A. Green, and Gordon A. Fenton
Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) GSP 224
2011 / 1250 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$200.00 List / $150.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 41183 / ISBN: 9780784411834
Proceedings of GeoRisk 2011: Geotechnical Risk Assessment and Management, held in Atlanta, Georgia, June 26-28, 2011. Sponsored by the Geo-Institute of ASCE.
This Geotechnical Special Publication contains 127 peer-reviewed papers that address uncertainties in the geologic environment, covering new and continuing work on geohazard mitigation, uncertainty modeling, and risk assessment and management.
- characterization and modeling of variability of soils across scales;
- earth structures/slopes;
- earthquake engineering and soil dynamics;
- engineering geology and site characterization;
- geotechnical assessment, characterization, and design for risk management;
- limit state design in geotechnical engineering;
- load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for foundation systems;
- probabilistic/simulation methods;
- quantitative risk analysis for embankments, dams, and slopes;
- retaining structures;
- risk and reliability in geoenvironmental engineering;
- uncertainty analysis; and
- uncertainty modeling.
This collection offers researchers and practitioners in all fields of geotechnical engineering essential information on identifying and managing risks.