Towards Sustainable Transportation Systems
Edited by Yafeng Yin, Yinhai Wang, Jian Lu, and Wei Wang
2011 / 3038 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$250.00 List / $187.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41186 / ISBN: 9780784411865
Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference of Chinese Transportation Professionals, held in Nanjing, China, August 14–17, 2011. Organized by Chinese Overseas Transportation Association (COTA); Southeast University. Sponsored by the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE; National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
This collection contains 434 peer-reviewed papers discussing critical transportation issues, sharing experience in transportation research and development, and exchanging ideas for future transportation studies.
- transportation policy and economics;
- transportation planning and modeling;
- traffic operations, management, and control;
- intelligent transportation systems (ITS);
- traffic safety and emergency response;
- transportation and sustainability;
- transit and rail systems;
- transportation infrastructure design and construction;
- pavement and materials engineering, and highway maintenance;
- logistics and freight transportation;
- vehicle technologies; and
- water transportation and aviation.
These papers are a valuable source of the-state-of-art research in transportation science and engineering and will be of interest to researchers, practitioners, and students of transportation engineering.