Edited by William C. Stone
2000 / 376 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$61.00 List / $45.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40476 / ISBN: 9780784404768
Proceedings of Robotics 2000: Fourth International Conference and Exposition/Demonstration on Robotics for Challenging Situations and Environments, held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, February 27-March 2, 2000.
This collection contains 47 papers representing the latest advances from the alliance of researchers working on robotic technologies, and those seeking to apply these state-of-the-art technologies in a variety of challenging environments. These papers cover not only space applications but also applications in terrestrial inspection and maintenance, construction, the nuclear industry, environmental remediation, medicine, and manufacturing.
- space operations, exploration, and construction;
- robotic excavation and construction;
- underwater, under-ice, and underground operations;
- operator control interfaces;
- human-robotic systems interaction, space medicine, and life support;
- path planning, navigation and control algorithms;
- robotic systems for planetary exploration.