This award was established by ASCE's Project ExCEEd (Excellence in Civil Engineering Education) and the Committee on Faculty Development to recognize and reward outstanding new faculty.
Eligible faculty should:
- be currently employed full-time by a two or four year institution of higher learning
- teach Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or any related field
- be nominated by an ASCE member (student member and self nominations are encouraged)
- have five years or less full-time teaching experience
- be a member of ASCE or its institutes
Required nomination materials include:
- Nomination letter
- Letter of endorsement from current department chair/dean
- Teaching Portfolio (limited to 15 pages)
All teaching portfolios should include:
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy from Nominee
- Evidence of Excellence in Civil Engineering Education teaching (student testimonials, student evaluations, peer evaluations, etc.) as measured by student learning outcomes
- Two-page curriculum vitae
- Nominee portfolios may also contain:
- Scholarly work published in educational venues
- Sample teaching materials
- Evidence of outreach and advisement to students
- Sample syllabi demonstrating evidence of curriculum development
- Any other relevant items demonstrating excellence in teaching and a commitment to undergraduate civil engineering or civil engineering technology education
- Total length of teaching portfolio must not exceed 15 pages.
Nomination Deadline: February 15, 2013
Nomination materials should be submitted to email@example.com.
(Only Nomination packets submitted electroniccally will be considered.)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-548-2723 ext. 6267.