Your Civil Engineering Legacy
The ASCE Foundation Legacy Society honors individuals who make a decision to strengthen the next generation of civil engineers by providing future support to the ASCE Foundation through a planned gift.
How to become a Member of the Legacy Society
Individuals who designate the ASCE Foundation as a recipient of a planned gift in any of the following ways, can become members of the Legacy Society:
- Bequest – Through a will or living trust, you may give a specific dollar amount, a particular asset, or some portion of the residue of your estate after your other beneficiaries have been provided for.
- Life Insurance – By naming the ASCE Foundation as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, you can provide a substantial charitable gift.
- Retirement Assets – you may provide for a future gift to the ASCE Foundation by leaving the Foundation all or a portion of your remaining retirement assets by naming the ASCE Foundation as a beneficiary or your retirement plan.
What are the Benefits of Legacy Society Membership?
The Legacy Society is a way for the ASCE Foundation to thank and recognize donors, during their lifetime, for providing future gifts. While recognition and thanks are among the most important benefits of membership, we know that many individuals prefer to keep their future gifts confidential. You may choose to have your name listed in the roster of Legacy Society members, or you may choose to be an anonymous member. Other benefits include:
- You will be personally recognized by name in the ASCE Foundation’s Annual Report,
- A certificate of membership in The ASCE Foundation Legacy Society,
- Complimentary My Will Planning booklet,
- Recognition in ASCE publications such as ASCE News and website, and
- Invitations to special civil engineering Legacy Society seminars and gatherings.
Understanding Legacy Giving
If you're not sure where to begin, try our Build Your Gift planner. By answering a few basic questions, this interactive tool steps you through the process of narrowing down your choices. It's fun and easy to use!
For more information about joining the ASCE Foundation Legacy Society - by making a bequest or beneficiary designation gift through your estate plans - please contact Natalie Zundel at 703-295-6347; or visit our estate planning website and utilize our free tools and articles.