Testimonies, Statements and Letters to U.S. Congress | Comments and Letters to Federal Regulatory Agencies | Testimonies, Statements and Letters to State Agencies
Some of the testimonies are viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows or Macintosh. If you need the free Acrobat Reader, you may download it from the Adobe site.
- December 14, 2010—ASCE letter to FEMA Administrator expressing concern with the agency’s practice of sidestepping the Brooks Architect-Engineers Act in the awarding of certain task order contracts.
- December 13, 2010—ASCE comments in support of a Mine Safety and Health Administration proposal to strengthen the engineering standards for waste impoundments at metal and nonmetal mines.
- October 1, 2010--ASCE concludes that two Federal Highway Regulations do not prohibit a design engineer from serving as the project administrator for the state or local government agency in the design and construction of highways funded by the FHWA.
September 20, 2010 - ASCE Comments on proposed Scientific Integrity Policy of the Department of the Interior
September 17, 2010 - ASCE Comments to the Federal Highway Administration on National Tunnel Inspection Standards
July 30, 2010 - ASCE comments to the Environmental Protection Agency on its draft Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2011-2015, which touches upon a number of important environmental programs related to the Society’s mission to protect the public health, safety and welfare through the application of the highest engineering standards.
- July 22, 2010 - ASCE petitions the Environmental Protection Agency to amend its rules under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) to ensure that preliminary site assessments at brownfields sites are conducted by individuals possessing an undergraduate degree in a scientific or engineering field.
- June 28, 2010 - ASCE Letter to the FCC on the Reallocation of the 1675 - 1710 MHz Band
- June 15, 2010 - ASCE Comments on the Department of Transportation Strategic Plan for FY 2010 - FY 2015
- May 18, 2010 - Government Witholding Relief Coalition letter to President Barack Obama urging repeal of 3% witholding fee
Other Sites of Interest: