Peer Review for Public Agencies is one of ASCE's programs to assure the ongoing enhancement of leadership/management techniques in the public sector. The peer review process evaluates an agency's management services to aid the agency in producing a culture that strives to satisfy the ultimate user of the finished product.
The primary tenets of continuous quality improvement imperative to the operation of public agencies are:
- to build all efforts around delivering quality to the customer;
- to define customer required products and services, to continually measure performance against requirements, and to provide frequent feedback to employees;
- to stress prevention versus rework;
- to emphasize teamwork at all levels;
- to emphasize supervisory assistance to employees to achieve and grow versus supervisory control;
- to emphasize continuing education;
- to measure both work processes and results to see where problems lie;
- to empower employees to solve these problems;
- to continuously improve the system of production and services.