Fellow Grade Criteria
- Must advance from grade of Member.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor in the United States or in the country in which the Member resides (if such licensure is available).
- Must provide three (3) references from Society members (at least two (2) references must be from Society Fellows; the third reference may be from a Society Member or Fellow).
- Must be nominated by an Organizational Entity of the Society (this includes Section or Branch Presidents, Board of Direction members, Institute Board of Governors members, and Chairs of Standing Board Committees).
- Must have had responsible charge for not less than ten years, in the grade of Member, of important work in engineering or surveying and be qualified to direct, conceive, plan, or design engineering works OR have had responsible charge for not less than ten years, in the grade of Member, of important industrial, business, construction, educational, editorial, research, or engineering society activity, requiring the knowledge and background gained from engineering training and experience.
In cases of eminence, an applicant may choose to seek a waiver of a requirement or requirements. Eminence is defined as "recognized superiority in position, character, and achievement through regional, national, or international contributions to the profession." For additional information on the Fellow application review procedure, please see Review Procedures For Fellow Applications
For questions, please contact ASCE at:
- (800) 548-ASCE (2723), or (703) 295-6300,
- by e-mail at email@example.com,
- by fax at (703) 295-6335
- or by mail to ASCE Member Services, 1801 Alexander Bell Drive, Reston, VA 20191, USA.