Welcome to ASCE! Now that you are a member of the civil engineering profession’s most powerful network (141,000+ strong), it’s time to start putting your ASCE Membership to work for you.
Make an Impact…on your career, on your community, on your profession.
Here, you will find the programs you can use to enhance your ASCE membership immediately. It’s time to make yourself home at ASCE.
Every civil engineer needs access to the technical, educational, and professional issues in their practice area to succeed. That's why every ASCE member receives FREE membership in one of ASCE's eight Institutes
Each Institute offers:
- Opportunities to meet like-minded professional peers
- Up-to-date information on emerging trends
- New knowledge through tailored professional development programs -- offered at a significant discount -- to fit your specific aspirations
- Ways to advance your specific civil engineering discipline as you meet and collaborate with likeminded professionals, as well as focus on the technical, educational, and scientific issues within your area.
With eight specialties and technical activities to choose from, gain the knowledge you need to meet your career goals by finding the ASCE Institute that’s right for you.
(back to top)
Of ASCE’s valuable benefits, it’s the camaraderie members feel at their local Sections and Branches and the leadership development opportunities they can pursue at the local level that inspire members to participate. At your local ASCE unit, you can:
Adding extra value to your ASCE membership is close by with local ASCE Sections and Branches. (back to top)
- Meet new people
- Develop business by making new contacts
- Build technical knowledge through locally hosted webinars or learn about civil engineering projects happening in your area
- Gain leadership skills by leading a local committee or community service project
|| Courtesy of Daniela Weaver
ASCE is the voice representing your profession on Capitol Hill. But we rely on members like you to take action in your hometown to help advance the issues important to the profession. ASCE makes it easy for you to increase your awareness by becoming a Key Contact. Not only is it FREE, Key Contacts also:
Learn about public policy issues important to you and civil engineering
- Make a difference by interacting with your elected leaders to advance the profession
- Contribute to the success of areas including transportation funding, math and science education, dam safety, natural hazards mitigation and others
Become a Key Contact today and you will receive This Week in Washington , the weekly newsletter that provides the newest information on legislation impacting the profession...and how you can help.
(back to top)
Return to New Member Journey