David R. Claman, P.E., M.ASCE
Region 7 Governor-Elect
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 1983
- Supervise and manage Preliminary Bridge staff to develop and design economic highway structures.
- Develop, implement and continually review policy and procedures regarding hydrology, hydraulics and drainage design of highway structures in Iowa.
- Evaluate plans and recommendations of consulting engineers for proposed bridges and culverts to insure compliance with Iowa DOT guidelines and policies.
- Provide technical support and expertise to other DOT offices regarding scour, flooding, hydraulics, stream migration, drainage issues and FEMA/flood plain management requirements.
- ASCE Iowa Section President, 2004-2005
- ASCE Iowa Section Past President, 2005-2006
- ASCE Iowa Section Region VII Assembly Delegate, 2008-present
- Secured NHCEL status for University of Iowa Hydraulics Lab
- Implemented media consultant for promoting civil engineering profession
- Continue to serve on the Iowa Section Board
- ASCE Iowa Section water resource conference planning committee
Other Volunteer Activities
- Iowa Hydrology Work Group Committee – advise Governor on statewide hydrologic/hydraulic issues
- Technical Advisory Committee Member – U.S. DOT RITA research project on scour sensing
- Member, Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association (IFSMA)
- Church Volunteer – Facilitating Baptism Classes
- Married, 4 children (all girls)
- Enjoy golfing, biking and spending time with family