Robert A. Victor, P.E., M.ASCE
Region 2 Director
- MS, Civil Engineering – University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, 1995
- BS, Civil Engineering – University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1993, summa cum laude
- ASCE, Student Member
- Tau Beta Pi and Chi Epsilon Honor Societies, Member
- Registered Professional Engineer: PA, MD, VA, DC, OH, MO
- AECOM (formerly DMJM Harris): 2005-present.
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Duties: Business Development, Project Management and Engineering for transportation, public works and energy projects
- Project Types include: railroad clearance improvement projects (track lowering, bridge raising, tunnel reconstruction, bridge demolition, bridge modification); flood protection; bridge rehabilitation; bridge reconstruction; and program management
- Clients served include: CSX Transportation; Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (Districts 1, 11 and 12); Pennsylvania Department of General Services; Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Allegheny County
- Jacobs Engineering (formerly Sverdrup Civil): 1995-2005
- Locations: St. Louis, MO; Seattle, WA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; New Delhi, India; Mumbai, India.
- Duties: Project Management and Structural Engineering for transportation and public works projects
- Project Types include: major river/open water crossings (Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, Chesapeake and Mahim Bays); river navigation / lock and dam replacement and rehabilitation (Mississippi, Ohio and Neches Rivers); bridge rehabilitation; bridge reconstruction; bridge seismic retrofit; interchange improvement; highway capacity improvement; light rail transit (bridge and tunnel); and structural inspection
- Clients served include: Maryland State Highway Authority; Maryland Transportation Authority; Puget Sound Transit Authority; US Army Corps of Engineers (St. Louis, Louisville and Galveston Districts); Missouri Department of Transportation; Illinois Department of Transportation; Iowa Department of Transportation; Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel Authority; National Highway Authority of India; and Maharashtra (India) State Road Development Corporation
- ARTBA Young Executive Development Program Graduate, 2009
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Class Graduate, 2000
- Region 2 Governor (2008-present)
- Committee on Government Affairs (CGA)
- Past Chair (2008-present)
- Chair (2005-2008)
- Member (2002-2005)
- Liaison to National Engineering Practice Policy Committee (2004-2005)
- Committee on Academic Prerequisites for Professional Practice (CAP^3) - Member (2008-present)
- Task Committee on Implementation of the Competency Strategy - Member (2009-present)
- Task Committee on Branding - Member (2008-2009)
- Committee on State Government Relations– ex officio Member (2005-2008)
- Task Force on Political Involvement – Member (2005-2007)
- Council on Federal Procurement of AE Services – Observer (2006-2008)
- Committee on Professional Practice (CPP)
- Member (2001-2006)
- Liaison to Committee on Community Volunteer Service (2001-2004)
- Liaison to Committee on Career Development (2004-2006)
- Committee on Career Development – Member (2000-2001)
- Pittsburgh Section
- Student Awards Foundation Member (2008-present)
- Director (2007-2008)
- St. Louis Section
- Program Committee Chair (1997-99)
- Structural, Earthquake Engineering, Younger Members Committees – Member (1995-2001)
Other Volunteer Activities
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA)
- Young Executive Leadership Council Member (2009-present)
- Bridge Policy and Promotion Council Financing Issues Team Member (2008-present)
- University of Pittsburgh Institute of Politics - Infrastructure Committee Member (2008-present)
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE)
- Pittsburgh Section Member (2006-present)
- Southwest Pennsylvania Section Member (2006-present)
- Temple Rodef Shalom, Member
- Wife – Jennifer. Political Science Professor, University of Pittsburgh.
- Daughter – Julia. Cutest 4-year old. Ever.
- Avid Traveler – extensively traveled across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Northern Africa, India and South-East Asia.
- Avid sports fan – participant and spectator.
- Admitted political junkie.