Energy and Water
Edited by John S. Gulliver; Pierre-Louis Viollet
1997 / 680 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$53.00 List / $39.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40274 / ISBN: 9780784402740
Proceedings of Water for a Changing Global Community at the 27th Congress of
the International Association for Hydraulic Research, held in San Francisco, California,
August 10-15, 1997.
This collection contains 107 papers exploring applications of hydraulic research to situations where natural waters are involved in the production or use of energy. New hydraulic analysis techniques are being developed to address the continuously increasing use of water. Techniques that have proven successful within the current constraints are discussed.
- advances in computerized hydraulics;
- tidal and wave energy production;
- hydropower operations and optimization;
- pumping station operations and optimization;
- dam safety;
- management of reservoir releases;
- management of reservoir sedimentation; and
- fish passage.