Low Impact Development for Urban Ecosystem and Habitat Protection
Editedby Nian She; Michael Clar
CD-Rom - In Stock
$90.00 List / $67.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41009 / ISBN: 9780784410097
Proceedings of the 2008 International Low Impact Development Conference, held in Seattle, Washington, November 16-19, 2008. Sponsored by the Low Impact Development Technical Committee of the Urban Water Resources Research Council of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 121 papers reporting on new and continuing research, developments, and community adoption of Low Impact Development (LID) throughout the United States and other parts of the world. These papers address a very broad range of topics that are relevant to sustainable approach to stormwater management using LID technology. Topics include:
- LID and sustainability;
- codes, regulations, constraints, guidelines;
- recent monitoring/performance findings;
- computational methods;
- advances in LID best-management practices design methods—lessons learned;
- site design considerations;
- LID incentives for new development;
- watershed retrofit with LID;
- education, training outreach; and
- long-term performance, maintenance.
This proceedings is useful to student and academics involved in environmental engineering and low impact development, landscape architects, soil scientists, design professionals, and water program administrators.