Logistics (NACOTA 2008)
The Emerging Frontiers of Transportation and Development in China
Edited by Rongfang Liu; Jin Zhang; Changqian Guan
2009 / 5 vols. / 4795 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$750.00 List / $562.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40996 / ISBN: 9780784409961
Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference of Chinese Logistics and Transportation Professionals, held in Chengdu, China, July 31-August 3, 2008. Sponsored by Southwest Jiantong University; North America China Overseas Transportation Association; the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
This collection of 699 papers examines logistics and supply chain management and research in China. Although logistics as an area of study is still in early stages, it is growing rapidly as a component of China's transportation and development research. In these papers, industry professionals discuss their perspectives and analysis in this developing research field.
- transportation and logistic policy and strategy;
- supply chain and transport operation and management;
- logistics and transport info rmation and technology;
- planning methodology and simulation models;
- infrastructure and equipment; and
- urbans platform for logistics and public transportation.
This proceedings will be valuable to anyone involved in logistics research and the transportation engineering field.