Lifeline Earthquake Engineering in a Multihazard Environment
Edited by Alex K. K. Tang, P.E.; Stuart Werner, P.E.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$200.00 List / $150.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 41050 / ISBN: 9780784410509
Proceedings of the 2009 Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering (TCLEE) Conference, held in Oakland, CA, June 28-July 1, 2009. Sponsored by the Technical Program Committee of the Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering of ASCE.
This collection contains nearly 150 peer-reviewed papers addressing topics related to the performance of lifeline systems during seismic events.
- performance of specific lifeline facilities and systems, such as electric power, water and wastewater, land and air transportation, seaports, and gas and liquid fuel;
- analysis and engineering issues that apply across lifelines, such as seismic risk analysis, geotechnical earthquake engineering, lifeline interdependence, sustainable lifelines, and performance of various lifeline facilities subjected to blast, fire, volcano, tsunami and geohazards;
- lifeline risk management project and program planning, such as project funding issues and asset integrity management;
- special lifeline research programs, including those at the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER) and the MCEER–Earthquake Engineering to Extreme Events (formerly Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research); and
- performance of lifelines during major natural hazard events, such as Hurricane Katrina, Hayward Fault earthquake, and Wenchuan, China, earthquake.