Advances in Geotechnical Engineering
Edited by Jie Han, Ph.D., P.E.; Daniel A. Alzamora, P.E
Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) 211
2011 / 4960 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$225.00 List / $168.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 41165 / ISBN: 9780784411650
Proceedings of Geo-Frontiers 2011, held in Dallas, Texas, March 13-16, 2011. Sponsored by Geo-Institute of ASCE; Industrial Fabrics Association International; North American Geosynthetics Society; Geosynthetics Materials Association.
This collection contains 496 peer-reviewed papers that describe advances in research and the practical application of geotechnologies, especially including geosynthetics. Papers from a memorial session to honor Bernard Myles for his contributions to the geosynthetics industry are also collected in this volume.
- foundations and ground improvement;
- geoenvironmental engineering;
- geohazards (earthquakes, landslides, erosion);
- geotechnical testing and site characterization;
- slopes, embankments, and earth-retaining structures;
- soil–rock mechanics and modeling; and
- transportation materials and pavements.
These papers will be of interest to geotechnical researchers and practicing engineers, especially those working with geosynthetic materials.