Coastal Engineering Practice 2011
Edited by Orville T. Magoon, Ronald M. Noble, Donald D. Treadwell, and Young C. Kim
2011 / 880 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$179.00 List / $134.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 41190 / ISBN: 9780784411902
Proceedings of the 2011 Conference on Coastal Engineering Practice, held in San Diego, California, August 21-24, 2011. Sponsored by the Coasts, Oceans, Ports, and Rivers Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 90 papers that focus on developing solutions to coastal engineering problems and ensuring sustainable coastal development. Papers reflect an emphasis on practical experience and actual projects rather than specific technical and scientific aspects of coastal engineering.
- case histories of coastal projects;
- sustainable coastal development;
- erosion and shoreline protection;
- coastal environment, water quality, and wetlands restoration;
- coastal hazards and risk management;
- coastal sediment processes;
- ports, harbors, and marine transportation; and
- local, state, and federal involvement in planning, design, and construction of coastal projects.
These papers enhance the exchange of real-world experience and thus will be of interest to practicing coastal engineers.