Design of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants, Fifth Edition
Manuals of Practice (MOP) 76; WEF Manual of Practice No. 8
2010 / 3 vols. / 3034 pp.
Hard Cover - In Stock
$350.00 List / $308.00ASCE Member
Stock No. WEF4 / ISBN: 9780071663588
Jointly prepared by the Water Environment Federation and the Environmental and Water Resources Institute of ASCE. Published by McGraw-Hill Professional.
Fully revised and updated, this three-volume set presents the current plant planning, configuration, and design practices of wastewater engineering professionals, augmented by performance information from operating facilities. The book includes design approaches that reflect the experience of more than 300 authors and reviewers from around the world. Volume 1 covers planning and configuration of wastewater treatment plants. Volume 2 covers liquid treatment processes. Volume 3 covers solids processing and management.
- Integrated facility design
- Sustainability and energy management
- Plant hydraulics and pumping
- Odor control and air emissions
- Thoroughly updated information on biofilm reactors
- Biological, physical, and chemical liquid treatment
- Membrane bioreactors, IFAS, and other integrated biological processes
- Nutrient removal
- Sidestream treatment
- Wastewater disinfection
- Solids minimization, treatment, and stabilization, including thermal processing
- Biosolids use and disposal
About the Authors
The WEF Technical Practice Committee was created by the Federation Board of Control on October 11, 1941. The primary function of the Committee is to originate and produce, through appropriate subcommittees, special publications dealing with technical aspects of the broad interests of the Federation. The ASCE Technical Practices Committee develops manuals and reports that consist of an orderly presentation of facts on a particular subject, supplemented by an analysis of limitations and applications of these facts.