Structural Safety and Its Quality Assurance
Edited by Bruce R. Ellingwood and Jun Kanda
2005 / 208 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$58.00 List / $43.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40816 / ISBN: 9780784408162
Sponsored by Committee 9A/10 of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat of the Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE.
This report uses an international perspective to look at structural safety problems from basic concept to design and construction. The report examines the overall concept of safety, including how to ensure safety and can assist engineers in explaining safety concepts to a client or the public.
- safety concepts,
- role of regulation and standards,
- load modeling,
- reliability analysis,
- reliability-based design,
- durability in structural safety assessment,
- soils and foundations,
- assessment of existing structures,
- quality management of structural design,
- quality management in construction, and
- human error.
Practicing structural engineers and students in the field of structural engineering will find this report useful.