Pavements and Materials: Characterization, Modeling, and Simulation
Edited by Zhanping You; Ala R. Abbas; Linbing Wang
Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) 182
2008 / 178 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$79.00 List / $59.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 40986 / ISBN: 9780784409862
Selected papers from of Symposium on Pavement Mechanics and Materials at the 18th Engineering Mechanics Division Conference, held in Blacksburg, Virginia, June 3-6, 2007. Sponsored by Pavements Committee of the Geo-Institute of ASCE.
This Geotechnical Special Publication contains 16 papers covering a variety of timely issues regarding the characterization, modeling, and simulation of asphalt mixtures, asphalt pavements, and concrete mixtures, eight of which were presented at the conference and eight of which were invited.
Topics dealing with pavement mechanics include:
- modeling and simulations of asphalt concrete;
- interactions between aggregates, mastics, and voids;
- use of finite-element-method (FEM) and discrete-element-method (DEM);
- continuum approaches including nonlinear viscoelastic analysis and temperature dependency;
- pavement stress and strain analysis;
- laboratory characterization of modified asphalt concrete;
- pavement fatigue analysis;
- tire-pavement interaction; and
- coefficient of thermal expansion on concrete for rigid pavement design.
This volume will be valuable to geotechnical engineers, pavement engineers, and all those involved in the field of pavement mechanics.