Earth and Space 2010
Engineering, Science, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments
Edited by Gangbing Song, Ph.D.; Ramesh B. Malla, Ph.D.
2010 / 3862 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$350.00 List / $262.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41096 / ISBN: 9780784410967
Proceedings of the 12th Biennial International Conference on Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments and the 4th NASA/ARO/ASCE Workshop on Granular Materials in Lunar and Martian Exploration, held in Honolulu, Hawaii, March 14-17, 2010. Sponsored by the Aerospace Division of ASCE.
This collection contains 369 papers covering many technology areas. Topics include:
- structures, structural vibrations, dynamics and controls, smart structures, and intelligent sensors and actuators;
- exploration and utilization of extraterrestrial bodies;
- advanced materials for sustainable development;
- advanced issues and challenges in control of aerospace vehicles and structures;
- advanced topics in offshore wind turbine research;
- fluid dynamics and heat transfer in challenging environment;
- innovative techniques in structural health monitoring;
- nanotechnology in active materials;
- advanced technology in composite material processing;
- disaster mitigation;
- earthquake engineering;
- new developments and challenging issues in 21st engineering education in dynamics, dynamics, controls, and structures;
- field sensing and robotics;
- space engineering and construction;
- in situ resource utilization and development;
- human exploration and development of space;
- advanced space transportation systems;
- space environment;
- terrestrial and space architecture in challenging environments;
- space power systems; and
- engineering and science in earth-based extreme regions.