Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Space V
Edited by Stewart W. Johnson
1996 / 2 vols. / 1365 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$138.00 List / $103.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40177 / ISBN: 9780784401774
Proceedings of Space '96, the Fifth International Conference on Space, held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, June 1-6, 1996.
This proceedings contains 185 papers addressing the need to develop the resources of Greater Earth for humankind. These papers present the new ideas and projects that are being investigated by many governments, laboratories, universities, and private industries concerning the exploration of space.
- space advocacy;
- comets, asteroids, meteoroids, and space debris;
- remote sensing from space;
- space solar power;
- siting and constructing extraterrestrial bases;
- characterization, mining, and use of in situ materials of the Moon, Mars, and asteroids;
- habitats and controlled ecological life support systems; and
- ground support facilities.
This collection demonstrates the scientific and technological strides that have made the citizens of all nations aware of space exploration and how humankind can benefit from it.