Water for a Changing Global Community
Edited by Forrest M. Holly Jr.; Adnan Alsaffar
1997 / 6 vols. / 3968 pp.
- In Stock
$264.00 List / $198.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 40281 / ISBN: 9780784402818
Proceedings of the 27th Congress of the International Association of Hydraulic Research, held in San Francisco, California, August 10-15, 1997.
This collection contains papers considering many aspects of providing water in the changing global community. One section contains papers on managing water, particularly coping with scarcity and abundance. A section on environmental and coastal hydraulics focuses on protecting aquatic habitats. Another section considers groundwater as an endangered resource, and the sustainable development of energy and water supplies comprises a fourth section. Also includes are papers from the John F. Kennedy Student Paper Competition summaries of specialty seminars on these topics:
- multidirectional waves and their interaction with structures;
- modeling turbulent flows;
- wind energy and windflow around structures;
- continuing education and training;
- management of hydraulic research; and
- hydroinformatics for control, management, and risk assessment.