Mitigating the Potential for Progressive Disproportionate Structural Collapse
Guest-edited by Kenneth L. Carper; Robert Smilowitz
2006 / 116 pp.
Soft Cover - Out of Print
$39.00 List / $29.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 40892 / ISBN: 9780784408926
Special issue of ASCE's Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities,
This special issue contains 12 papers that accurately represent the current state of practice and research regarding the subject of progressive collapse and the design implications of emerging codes and standards. Papers address different technical challenges and observations associated with increased structural robustness.
- definition of the issues;
- practices mandated by different criteria;
- observations based on bomb damage data and controlled demolition practice;
- risk mitigation for a range of hazardous conditions
- means of describing the consequences of low probability events
Many of these papers address the different analytical approaches that may effectively predict the performance of structures as a result of damage state conditions.