Transportation Land Use, Planning, and Air Quality (2007)
Edited by Srinivas Pulugurtha, Ph.D., P.E.; Robert O'Loughlin; and Shauna Hallmark, Ph.D.
2008 / 452 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$90.00 List / $67.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40960 / ISBN: 9780784409602
Proceedings of the Transportation Land Use, Planning, and Air Quality Conference, held in Orlando, Florida, July 9-11, 2007. Sponsored by Federal Highway Administration; Transportation and Air Quality Committee of the Transportation Research Board; Center for Transportation Research and Education at Iowa State University; Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte; and Transportation and Development Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 40 papers that address important issues in the field of transportation planning, land use, and air quality, as well as the latest developments and innovative practices. Topics include:
- community visioning and design;
- impacts due to development;
- transportation modeling and local transportation issues;
- congestion, reliability, and prioritization for transportation planning;
- transit innovations;
- transit and air quality;
- integrating transportation, land use and air quality;
- environmental impacts of freight; mobile source air toxics;
- particulate matter;
- emissions and noise control strategies;
- electric vehicles, diesel and alternative fuels; and
- climate change.
This proceedings will be valuable to engineers, researchers, and planners.