World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2008
Edited by Roger W. Babcock Jr., Ph.D., P.E.; Raymond Walton, Ph.D., P.E.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$190.00 List / $142.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40976 / ISBN: 9780784409763
Proceedings of the 2008 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, held in Honolulu, Hawaii, May 12-16, 2008. Sponsored by the Environmental and Water Resources Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 673 papers reflecting the conference theme of ahupua'a. An ahupua'a is the Hawaiian term for a political land division defined by watersheds and extending from mountain ridges to the coastal ocean out to and including the coral reef. Ancient Hawaiian life was based around the ahupua'a system of sustainable land management.
- emerging and innovative technologies;
- engineering history and heritage and education;
- environmental engineering and public health;
- international issues;
- irrigation and drainage;
- river and watershed restoration;
- sediment transport;
- surface water hydrology;
- sustainable design issues
- TMDLs and nonpoint sources;
- water resources planning and management; and
- water, wastewater, and stormwater.
This collection also contains papers presented for special sessions:
- 5th Urban Watershed Management Symposium;
- 6th Groundwater Hydrology, Quality, and Management Symposium;
- US-China Workshop on Advanced Computational Modeling; and
- Water Distribution System Analysis Symposium.