Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst (2008)
Edited by Lynn B. Yuhr; E. Calvin Alexander, Jr.; Barry F. Beck
Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) 183
2008 / 782 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$239.00 List / $179.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 41003 / ISBN: 9780784410035
Proceedings of the 11th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst, held in Tallahassee, Florida, September 22-26, 2008. Sponsored by Geo-Institute of ASCE.
This Geotechnical Special Publication contains 73 papers concerning the unique problems and innovative solutions connected with karst terrain. The papers strike a balance between the environmental and engineering aspects of working in karst and sinkhole-prone areas. The volume reflects a distinct shift to integrated approaches for investigations and the expanding range of tools that are available to engineers and scientists.
- Formation of karst and sinkholes,
- Application of geophysics,
- GIS morphing and computer databases,
- Unique investigation techniques,
- Risk assessment,
- Hydrology of Woodville Karst Plain,
- Water management, monitoring, and remediation, modeling in karst,
- Groundwater tracing,
- Planning and regulation,
- Foundation design and construction,
- Sinkhole mitigation and repair,
- Grouting techniques, and
- Engineering man's infrastructure
This volume will be valuable to geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, and all those involved in sinkholes and the impacts of karst.