Towards a Vision for Information Technology in Civil Engineering
Edited by Ian Flood
2004 / 561 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$138.00 List / $103.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40704 / ISBN: 9780784407042
Proceedings of the Fourth Joint International Symposium on Information Technology in Civil Engineering, held in Nashville, Tennessee, November 15-16, 2003. Sponsored by the Technical Council on Computing Practices of ASCE; European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering .
This collection contains 57 papers detailing past, present and future information technology advancements in civil engineering.
- previous successes and failures of information technology in civil engineering;
- current trends and professional needs for information technology in civil engineering;
- emerging information technologies relevant to civil engineering needs;
- a European perspective on the future of information technology in civil engineering;
- a North American perspective on the future of information technology in civil engineering;
- barriers and potential solutions to the development and implementation of information technology in civil engineering;
- design and decision-support tools;
- educational tools;
- information modeling and management;
- project and business management;
- simulation modeling; and
- visualization tools.