Challenges and New Technologies
Edited by Moses Karakouzian
2004 / 574 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$143.00 List / $107.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 40711 / ISBN: 9780784407110
Proceedings of the 2003 Airfield Pavement Specialty Conference, held in Las Vegas, Nevada, September 21-24, 2003. Sponsored by the Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 35 papers addressing advances in the analysis, design, and construction of airfield pavements. The papers provide a broad-based discussion of pavement design and research, pavement performance, pavement materials, and construction procedures as applied to airfield pavements.
- Prestressed pavement;
- Alternative pavement materials;
- Performance of pavements under varying loads;
- Rapid construction and repair of airfield pavements;
- Pavement management;
- Airfield pavement load modeling;
- Design features of large runway projects; and
- Partnering of concerned parties in the construction process.
Highway and airfield pavement designers will find this book a valuable addition to the literature on pavement engineering.