Geo Jordan 2004
Advances in Geotechnical Engineering with Emphasis on Dams, Highway Materials, and Soil Improvement
Edited by Khalid A. Alshibli; Abdallah I. Husein Malkawi; Mustafa I. Alsaleh
Geotechnical Practice Publications (GPP) 1
2004 / 384 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$105.00 List / $78.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40735 / ISBN: 9780784407356
Proceedings of Geo Jordan, held in Irbid, Jordan, July 12-15, 2004. Sponsored by Jordan University of Science & Technology; Louisiana State University; University of Akron; Hashemite University. Cosponsored by the Geo-Institute of ASCE; ASCE-Jordan International Group; Gulf Society of GeoEngineering.
This Geotechnical Practice Publication contain 30 papers covering a wide range of research areas that discuss the importance of water in semi-arid regions with an emphasis on dam engineering. This information is vital for reliable, efficient, and economic construction and maintenance of geostructures. Geotechnical engineers who specialize in dam, highway materials, and soil improvement will benefit from this book.Topics include:
- Improvement of soil properties using geosynthetics and chemical stabilization;
- Use of TDR and other geophysical methods to detect pollutants in soils and to assess properties of embankments;
- Modeling the constitutive behavior of soils and fluid flow through granular materials;
- Case histories of design filters for dams;
- Monitoring and rehabilitation of dams; and
- Embankments and geostructures.