Space 2002 and Robotics 2002
Edited by Bryan E. Laubscher, Stewart W. Johnson, Samuel E. Moskowitz, Philip J. Richter, and David Klingler
2002 / 608 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$98.00 List / $73.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40625 / ISBN: 9780784406250
Proceedings of Space 2002: The Eighth International Conference and Exposition on Engineering, Construction, Operations, and Business in Space and of Robotics 2002: The Fifth International Conference and Exposition/Demonstration on Robotics for Challenging Situations and Environments, held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, March 17-21, 2002.
This collection contains 72 papers describing visions of humankind's future in space and of robotic applications in space and in challenging environments on Earth.
- developing technologies of space exploration;
- space elevators and tethers;
- lunar and Martian exploration and construction;
- space power systems;
- near-Earth object (NEO) threat;
- high-altitude balloons;
- structures, materials, and controls;
- robotics technology;
- robotics in space exploration;
- business in space;
- space law and policy; and
- robotic applications in space, terrestrial inspection and maintenance, construction, underwater operations, the nuclear industry, environmental remediation, industry, and medicine.