Estuarine and Coastal Modeling (2001)
Edited by Malcolm L. Spaulding
2002 / 1096 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$132.00 List / $99.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 40628 / ISBN: 9780784406281
Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Estuarine and Coastal Modeling, held in St. Petersburg, Florida, November 5-7, 2001.
This collection contains 66 papers presenting the state of the art and practice in marine environmental modeling. Papers explore the development, testing, application, calibration, validation, and visualization of predictions from estuarine and coastal modeling. The primary focus is on application of models to bays, sounds, lagoons, estuaries, embayments, bights, and coastal seas.
Models under consideration include those that can:
- be applied to problems in hydrodynamics, water quality, and sediment transport;
- solve engineering and environmental impact assessment problems,
- attempt to better understand circulation and pollutant transport in nearshore waters; and
- address regulatory requirements for facility siting and operations;
- hydrodynamic modeling of the coastal ocean and estuaries;
- water quality modeling of estuaries;
- sediment transport modeling;
- circulation mixing and transport;
- modeling systems and informatics;
- assessment of model physics and solution schemes;
- innovative computational techniques;
- hydrodynamic and water quality model interactions;
- modeling the effects of marine structures;
- models for environmental assessment; and
- coastal atmospheric and oceanic prediction.