High Performance Materials in Bridges
Edited by Atorod Azizinamini; Aaron Yakel; Magdy Abdelrahman
2003 / 488 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$121.00 List / $90.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40691 / ISBN: 9780784406915
Proceedings of the International Conference on High Performance Materials in Bridges, held in Kona, Hawaii, July 29-August 3, 2001. Sponsored by the United Engineering Foundation, Inc.
This collection contains 41 papers focusing on the latest advances and issues related to high performance steel, high performance concrete, fiber-reinforced polymers, and advanced wood composites as applied to bridge and building structures.
- advances in material research,
- design issues,
- code provisions,
- case studies,
- innovative uses,
- experiences of contractors and fabricators,
- results from performance monitoring,
- current national and international promotional projects, and
- future trends in using high performance materials in bridges.
This volume will be of interest designers, researchers, contractors, fabricators, and government officials involved in applying high performance materials to bridge structures.