Forensic Engineering 2003
Edited by Paul A. Bosela; Norbert J. Delatte; Kevin L. Rens
2003 / 600 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$109.00 List / $81.75ASCE Member
Stock No. 40692 / ISBN: 9780784406922
Proceedings of the third Forensic Congress, held in San Diego, California, October 19-21, 2003. Sponsored by the Technical Council on Forensic Engineering of ASCE.
This collection contains 55 papers on forensic engineering. Each paper applies engineering principles to investigate failures and performance problems of engineered facilities and to develop practices and procedures for reducing the number of future failures. Topics include:
- Pentagon terrorist attack,
- loads during construction (SEI/ASCE 37-02),
- earthquakes and SMRF,
- historical failures,
- nondestructive evaluation and infrastructure management,
- investigation of reinforced concrete structures,
- nondestructive evaluation and measurement,
- World Trade Center and response,
- performance of bridges and structures,
- ethics and practice,
- construction and erection problems,
- unusual structures and investigation, and
- masonry and concrete problems.