Life-Cycle Cost Analysis and Design of Civil Infrastructure Systems
Edited by Dan Frangopol and Hitoshi Furuta
2001 / 336 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$50.00 List / $37.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40571 / ISBN: 9780784405710
Proceedings of the First U.S.–Japan Workshop on Life-Cycle Cost Analysis and Design of Civil Infrastructure Systems, held in Honolulu, Hawaii, August 7-8, 2000. Sponsored by the Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 18 papers covering a wide range of studies on life-cycle cost analysis, design, maintenance and management of civil infrastructure systems. The contributors are internationally recognized researchers and practicing structural engineers from the United States, Japan, and Europe.
- conceptual design of structural systems;
- time-variant reliability of structures;
- structural health monitoring and symptom-based reliability;
- monitoring and testing for fatigue prediction;
- lifetime reliability profiles for fatigue and corrosion;
- maintenance planning for road pavements and structures;
- maintenance planning of reinforced concrete decks;
- bridge management systems;
- optimized and conventional bridges;
- optimal planning of maintenance and inspection;
- life-cycle cost assessment for bridge maintenance;
- specifications to aid life-cycle cost analyses;
- maintenance cost of deteriorating civil infrastructures;
- probabilistic models of cost for management of existing structures; and
- user cost and its applications to bridge management systems.
This book will be valuable to engineers and managers involved with life-cycle costing of civil infrastructure systems.