Advances in Pipeline Engineering and Construction
Edited by Joseph P. Castronovo
CD-Rom - In Stock
$83.00 List / $62.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 40574 / ISBN: 9780784405741
Proceedings of the ASCE Pipeline Division Specialty Conference, held in San Diego, California, July 15-18, 2001. Sponsored by the Pipeline Division of ASCE.
This collection contains 81 papers that focus on recent technical contributions to pipeline engineering. Topics include:
- case studies to the benefit of pipeline owners for the construction, operation, and maintenance of their systems;
- rehabilitation design and methods that provide longer lasting and more reliable facilities;
- innovative trenchless technologies, such as horizontal directional drilling and microtunneling, which reduce inconvenience and risk to the public during construction;
- condition assessment of existing pipelines to give the provider more reliable information of existing conditions, which could prevent catastrophic failure;
- pipeline performance with behavior analysis in buried pipelines, preventative maintenance, causes of corrosion, seismic analysis, and liquifiable soils; and
- the challenges and advantages of design-build of pipelines.