International Engineering History and Heritage
Improving Bridges to ASCE’s 150th Anniversary
Edited by Jerry R. Rogers and Augustine J. Fredrich
2001 / 528 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$66.00 List / $49.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40594 / ISBN: 9780784405949
Proceedings of the Third National Congress on Civil Engineering History and Heritage at the ASCE National Convention, held in Houston, Texas, October 10-13, 2001. Sponsored by the Committee on History and Heritage and the International Activities Committee of ASCE; Institution of Civil Engineers; Panel for Historical Engineering Works, National Park Service; Texas Section of ASCE; Branch History Committees/Directors of the Houston Branch of ASCE; University of Houston.
This collection contains 59 papers that describe civil engineering history and heritage programs in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Great Britain. Papers discuss preservation, restoration, and education activities carried out on individual historic civil engineering projects in these nations.
- formation of early civil engineering professional societies,
- international engineering history treasures,
- pioneering surveying journeys,
- international/national engineering landmarks,
- restoration of historic bridges,
- historic cathedrals and other great churches,
- notable engineering history developments,
- ASCE international and U.S. sections history congress showcase,
- history of civil engineering education,
- environmental and water resources history,
- historical bridges and projects in Texas, and
- history of civil engineering branches in Texas.