Edited by Rodney G. Galloway; Stanley Lokaj
1998 / 847 pp.
- In Stock
$98.00 List / $73.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 40339 / ISBN: 9780784403396
Proceedings of Space 98: Sixth International Conference and Exposition on Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Space, held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, April 26-30, 1998.
This collection contains 100 papers intended to encourage and stimulate planning, positive and productive interactions, and development of needed technologies and expertise for exploration of space.
- access to space and future activities worldwide;
- dynamics and control of space structures;
- space tourism;
- commercialization and commercial projects in space;
- international space station;
- Mir Orbital Station;
- simulation of space, lunar, and Martian environments, gravity, and soil on earth;
- siting and constructing of extraterrestrial bases;
- characterization, mining, and use of in situ materials of the Moon, Mars, and asteroids in concrete and other forms; and
- habitats and controlled ecological life support systems.