Computing in Civil Engineering (1998)
Edited by Kelvin C.P. Wang
1998 / 920 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$95.00 List / $71.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 40381 / ISBN: 9780784403815
Proceedings of the International Computing Congress, held in Boston, Massachusetts, October 18-21, 1998. Sponsored by the Committee on Coordination Outside ASCE of the Technical Council on Computing and Information Technology of ASCE.
This collection of papers and extended abstracts revolves around the theme of "Information Technologies in Civil Engineering—Leading the World." Topics include:
- management of large-scale projects;
- the Internet and data mining;
- computer-aided design, geographic information systems, and artificial intelligence;
- fuzzy sets and neural nets;
- cost engineering and risk;
- 3-dimensional and 4-dimensional planning in construction, project and process modeling;
- computing in transportation; and
- structural design and analysis.