Building on the Past, Respecting the Future
Edited by Thomas Ward , P.E., S.E.; Bruce I. Ostbo, P.E., S.E.
2010 / 1393 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$110.00 List / $82.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41098 / ISBN: 9780784410981
Proceedings of the 12th Triennial International Conference, held in Jacksonville, Florida, April 25-28, 2010. Sponsored by Ports and Harbors Committee of the Coasts, Oceans, Ports, and Rivers Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 142 papers that share technological advances related to the development of port and harbor facilities. Topics include:
- environmental protection: innovative port programs, habitat and wildlife, coping with contaminants;
- port planning and operations: facility maintenance and management, master planning and inland links, master planning;
- terminal planning and design, container terminals: automated, U.S., foreign;
- terminal planning and design: energy and RO/RO terminals, small craft & recreation, military & cruise;
- navigation and waterways: widening and deepening, beneficial reuse, modeling and simulation, sediment management;
- engineering analysis, structural: seismic, durability, military facilities, piers, docks, and wharves;
- engineering analysis, coastal and extreme: seismic, coastal/waves, breakwaters, harbors;
- engineering analysis: dredge materials, navigation works, geotechnical, what lies beneath;
- port infrastructure: power, corrosion, pavement, foundations;
- equipment and systems: automation and new technology, novel approaches, development technique; and
- project development: finance and information.