Dynamic Analysis and Design Considerations for High-Level Nuclear Waste Repositories
Edited by Quazi A. Hossain
1993 / 443 pp.
- Out of Print
$44.00 List / $33.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 945 / ISBN: 9780872629455
Proceedings of a Symposium held in San Francisco, California, August 19-20, 1992. Sponsored by the Nuclear Dynamics Analysis Committee of the Structural Division of ASCE.
This collection contains 26 papers and summaries of six discussions on the seismic and dynamic considerations for high-level nuclear waste repositories. Industry experts, researchers, program managers, policymakers, and
practicing engineers debate the relative merits and inadequacies of state-of-the-art
design/analysis practices and methodologies for such facilities.
- general overview of analysis and design;
- characterization of faulting;
- characterization of design ground vibratory ground motion;
- considerations for underground facilities;
- considerations for surface facilities; and
- guidelines for instrumentation and monitoring.