Logistics for Sustained Economic Development—Technology and Management for Efficiency
Edited by Jin Zhang, Xiaoqiang Zhang, Zhongquan Qiu, and Ping Yi
2013 / 2 vols. / 1400 pp.
Soft Cover - In Stock
$275.00 List / $206.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 41260 / ISBN: 9780784412602
Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference of Logistics Engineering and Management, held in Chengdu, China, October 8-10, 2012. Sponsored by Southwest Jiaotong University; the Transportation and Development Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 213 selected papers that discuss technical, managerial, and policy issues across the transport industry, the warehousing industry, the freight forwarding industry, and the information industry. Although the prolonged global economic slowdown has affected economic growth in China, the nation’s logistics industry continued to improve, especially in the e-commerce market. China’s logistics sector faces problems in technology and management, such as a lack of standards and uniformity, relatively high and inconsistent tax rates on logistics services, and excessive roadway and bridge tolls.
- green logistics and emergency logistics;
- industrial economics and finance of logistics;
- intelligent logistics and transportation;
- logistics information systems and technology;
- logistics risk management and safety technology;
- logistics strategy and industrial policy;
- multimodal transport;
- regional and international logistics; and
- supply chain management and logistics.
These papers, written by transportation professionals in China and other parts of the world, offer solutions to problems in logistics.