Developing the Frontier of Sustainable Design, Engineering, and Construction
Edited by Wai Kiong Oswald Chong, Jie Gong, Jae Chang, and Mohsin Khalid
2013 / 1200 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$240.00 List / $180.00ASCE Member
Stock No. 41268 / ISBN: 9780784412688
Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering, and Construction, held in Fort Worth, Texas, November 7-9, 2012. Sponsored by the Construction Institute of ASCE; University of Kansas.
This collection contains 119 papers examining research, education, and practice aspects of sustainable design and construction. These papers discuss a variety of current sustainability topics and issues, introduce new design and construction techniques and technologies, and peer into the future of sustainable design and construction. Many papers explore the concept of integrated project design (IPD), which brings key members of the design and construction team together with the owner and others from the start of the project to deliver a project that is not only functional and economical but also environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
- building energy use modeling and energy efficiency
- environmental, ecological, and carbon emissions calculation and modeling
- architecture designs and urban planning
- infrastructural/building systems and designs
- geotechnical and geology (soil)
- social sustainability and facilities management
- construction management, engineering, and planning
- infrastructure and building materials
- sustainable designs and standards
- water resources and efficiency
- and building information modeling.
These papers will be valuable to owners and developers, engineers and architects, urban planners, construction professionals, educators and researchers, and other stakeholders interested in in sustainable design, engineering and construction.