Planning for Sustainable Cold Regions
Edited by Jon E. Zufelt, Ph.D., P.E.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$150.00 List / $112.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41297 / ISBN: 9780784412978
Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Cold Regions Development, held in Anchorage, Alaska, June 2-5, 2013. Sponsored by the Technical Council on Cold Regions Engineering and the Alaska Section of ASCE in cooperation with the International Association for Cold Regions Development Studies (IACORDS).
This collection contains 79 peer-reviewed papers that bring together the current state of knowledge on a variety of topics and techniques in research, planning, design, engineering, construction, and operations in the cold regions of the world.
- cold regions construction
- education and sociocultural considerations
- environmental contaminants
- frozen ground and permafrost
- geomatics and arctic issues
- oil, gas, and energy issues
- pavement performance
- ports, coastal, and hydraulic engineering
- runways and airfields
- snow and ice management
- structures and foundations
- sustainable technologies and asset management, and
- water and wastewater systems
This proceedings will be of interest to engineers, scientists, and government officials.