Proceedings of the Fifth Biot Conference on Poromechanics
Edited by Christian Hellmich, Bernhard Pichler, and Dietmar Adam
2013 / 2565 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$175.00 List / $131.25ASCE Member
Stock No. 41299 / ISBN: 9780784412992
Proceedings of the Fifth Biot Conference on Poromechanics, held in Vienna, Austria, July 10-12, 2013. Sponsored by the Vienna University of Technology; the Engineering Mechanics Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 297 papers reflecting the advances in poromechanics since 2009. Applications of poromechanics in fields as varied as civil and geotechnical engineering, geophysics, acoustics, materials science, and bioengineering were addressed.
Topics covered include:
- Biot theory in seismic wave propagation and dynamic poroelasticity for rocks
- Mechanics of fluid-infiltrated earth materials
- Blast and impact responses of porous media
- Multi-scale poromechanics of geomaterials and biomaterials
- Multi-scale modeling and simulation of granular and porous media
- Poromechanical behavior of microporous and mesoporous materials
- Biomechanics and biophysics of soft tissue and bone
- Multi-physics numerical modeling of geomaterials
- Computational poromechanics
- Experimental characterization and constitutive modeling of porous materials
- Modeling of underground storage of wastes and hydrocarbons
- Gas shale poromechanics at all scales
- Geotechnical engineering applications and the mechanics of cohesive soils
Civil and geotechnical engineers, geophysicists, material scientists, and bio-engineering researchers will find these proceedings an excellent reference on poromechanics.