Earth and Space 2012
Engineering, Science, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments
Edited by Kris Zacny, Ph.D., Ramesh B. Malla, Ph.D., and Wieslaw Binienda, Ph.D.
2012 / 1558 pp.
CD-Rom - In Stock
$190.00 List / $142.50ASCE Member
Stock No. 41219 / ISBN: 9780784412190
Proceedings of the 13th ASCE Aerospace Division Conference on Engineering, Science, Construction, and Operations in Challenging Environments and the 5th NASA/ASCE Workshop on Granular Materials in Space Exploration, held in Pasadena, California, April 15-18, 2012. Sponsored by the Aerospace Division of ASCE.
Earth and Space 2012 contains 162 peer-reviewed papers on the technological issues of working in challenging environments on Earth, the moon, other planets, and space.
- granular materials in lunar and martian exploration;
- exploration and utilization of extraterrestrial bodies;
- mechanics of advanced materials and structures;
- hydraulic and earth structures;
- 21st century engineering education in dynamics, controls, and structures;
- ballistic impact and crashworthiness response of aerospace structures;
- sensors and structures in challenging environments; and
- “vision theme” in aerospace engineering.
This collection will be of interest to engineers, scientists, educators, and other professionals working in extreme environments on Earth and in space.